The Snug Project calendar features 12 Irish pub snugs as captured by photographer Finn Richards.
Noticeably vacant, the project highlights the social vacuum that forced pub closures have left in many Irish people’s lives.
Sales are in aid of ALONE, a national organisation that strives to enable older people to age at home, safely and securely, for as long as they wish.
For more information visit: https://thesnugproject.com/products/the-snug-project-2021-calendar
Michael Fawl, Ennis, Co. Clare
Kehoe’s, South Anne St, Dublin
Garavan’s, William St, Galway
Mulligan’s, Poolbeg St, Dublin
Dick Mack’s, Dingle, Co. Kerry
J. Coffey, Borrisoleigh, Co. Tipperary
Tigh Neachtain, Cross St, Galway
O’Flaherty’s, Dingle, Co. Kerry
Thomas Connolly, Sligo, Co. Sligo
O’Connor’s Bar and Lounge, Ballisodare, Co. Sligo
The Palace Bar, Fleet St, Dublin
The Greyhound, Kinsale, Co. Cork
• Steel wiro binding
• Paper: Munken Pure Rough 150gsm
• Size: A3 (297 x 420mm / 11.7 x 16.5 inches)
• Lithographically printed in Dublin by Plus Print
• Designed by Paul Guinan, a Dublin based graphic designer.
• Featuring single-sided pages
• Typeset using a version of Two Lines English Egyptian, one of the earliest sans-serif typefaces, circulated in Ireland from the early 19th Century. Today, vernacular interpretations of Two Lines English Egyptian can still be found on pub fronts across the country.