This easy-to-use and friendly handbook for teenagers will help you learn how to develop a healthy and loving relationship with food and your body, for life. Packed with helpful tips, advice and recipes, in an easy-to-digest format.
In no time at all you can dramatically improve the way you feel by making better choices with your food and lifestyle habits. Eat Well and Feel Great shows you how simple changes can have profound effects on your self-confidence and well-being, helping you to:
– improve your mood
– reduce stress and anxiety
– sleep better and focus more
– maintain a healthy weight
– have a fresher complexion and healthy hair
– feel happier in your body.
Written by an expert nutritionist with over 20 years’ experience, the book features case studies from the author’s clinical work with young people. With a selection of quick and easy recipes, you’ll learn how simple it is to nourish your brain and body with key nutrients.
Eat Well and Feel Great aims to shape the health, wellbeing and self-esteem of current and future generations.
Table of Contents:
1. Set yourself up for success
2. Spot the signs of nutritional deficiency
3. Eat a rainbow and digestion 101
4. Fats won’t make you fat (but they will make you smart)
5. Balance your blood sugar for all-day energy
6. Good hydration
7. What you eat can make you happier
8. Going plant-based
9. Love the skin you’re in
10. Achieve a healthy weight for life
11. Gain weight and bulk up healthily
12. Teenage hormone imbalance
13. How to get more ZZZs
14. Build a healthy relationship with food
15. Managing your emotions around food
16. All about anxiety
17. Learning to love yourself
Quick and easy recipes
Further reading and resources